If you’ve been struggling to keep the weight off, or have never tried to lose weight before, you might fall victim to one dreaded fact…
The motivation to lose weight isn’t always there.
Of course, at the very beginning of your weight loss journey, you’re fired up and rarin’ to go.
Maybe you’re trying a new diet plan, a new fitness regimen, or just started a new gym membership or fitness class.
But the key word here is “new”.
Once the feeling of a fresh start wears off and the weight loss slows down, you’re hit with the alarming truth — weight loss sucks. It’s hard. And motivation fades.
One thing that can really help when you’re feeling less-than-excited about putting in the work to reach your weight loss goals is fitness and weight loss motivation quotes.
Sometimes all it takes is an inspirational kick in the pants to move you off the couch and onto your feet!
Here are 40 inspirational fitness quotes that’ll inspire you to earn that smokin’ hot body you crave and deserve.
*This post contains affiliate links
40 Best Motivational Quotes For Weight Loss
1) “It has to be hard so you’ll never ever forget.” -Bob Harper
2) “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.” -Toni Sorenson
3) “Eliminate the mindset of can’t – because you can do anything.” -Tony Horton
4) “If you have discipline, drive, and determination, nothing is impossible.” -Dana Linn Bailey
5) “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.” -Jim Wendler
6) “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.” -Bonnie Pfiester
7) “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” -Jenna Wolfe
8) “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” -Kerri Walsh Jennings
9) “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.” -Gene Tunney
10) “You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.” -Jenna Wolfe
11) “I always believed if you take care your body it will take care of you.” -Ted Lindsay
12) “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.” -Anne Wilson Schaef
13) “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” -Julius Erving
14) “Weight loss can change your whole character. That always amazed me: Shedding pounds does change your personality. It changes your philosophy of life because you recognize that you are capable of using your mind to change your body.” -Jean Nidetch
15) “The most important thing I want to get across is that maintaining weight loss is just hard. It takes a dedication to exercise and eating right most of the time.” -Trisha Yearwood
16) “While weight loss is important, what’s more important is the quality of food you put in your body – food is information that quickly changes your metabolism and genes.” -Mark Hyman
17) “After a lifetime of losing and gaining weight, I get it. No matter how you slice it, weight loss comes down to the simple formula of calories in, calories out.” -Valeri Bertinelli
18) “Cutting back on calories is not the answer to successful weight loss and successful health … you have to increase the quality of what you eat, not just reduce the quantity.” -Joel Fuhrman
19) “The real pride, the real present, is your health and your longevity. My whole career, I have never done anything where competition was involved with weight loss.” -Richard Simmons
20) “Here’s the secret to weight loss: it’s all about crowding out, not cutting out.” -Kathy Freston
21) “It takes about four days of virtuous living to create a little weight loss. If you can get past day three of a fitness regimen, things improve.” -Martha Beck
22) “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” -Joyce Meyer
23) “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” -Gene Tunney
24) “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” -Buddha
25) “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” -Jim Rohn
26) “Health is the crown on the well person’s head that only the ill person can see.” -Robin Sharma
27) “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” -Winston Churchill
28) “If you’re too busy to workout, your priorities need to change. I can’t think of too many things more important than your health.” -Rolsey
29) “We know that food is a medicine, perhaps the most powerful drug on the planet with the power to cause or cure most disease.” -Dr. Mark Hyman
30) “Give a man health and a course to steer, and he’ll never stop to trouble about whether he’s happy or not.” -George Bernard Shaw
31) “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Jiddu Krishnamurti
32) “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” -Denis Waitley
33) “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” -Hippocrates
34) “The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health of any other kind of happiness.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
35) “The chief condition on which life, health, and vigor depend on is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny.” -Colin Powell
36) “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” -B.K.S. Iyengar
37) “A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison.” -Francis Bacon
38) “The doctor of the future will give no medicines, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the causes and prevention of disease.” -Thomas Edison
39) “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” -William Londen
40) “Health is a relationship between you and your body.” -Terry Guillemets
Read These For More Weight Loss Motivation
- How To Create A Vision Board To Manifest Weight Loss
- How To Use The 369 Method To Manifest Weight Loss
- How To Manifest Weight Loss With The Scripting Technique
- 37 Best Weight Loss Affirmations (That Really Work)!
- 10 Fitness Quotes To Motivate & Inspire Your Weight Loss Journey
- My 50-Pound Weight Loss Manifestation Success Story