Today I’ll be revealing my intermittent fasting 3 weeks results! Time is going by so quickly — just about another week until the final before and after… I’m very excited! Please be advised this post contains affiliate links. Let’s jump in!
HELPFUL INTERMITTENT FASTING RESOURCES
- 12-Week Intermittent Fasting Fitness Planner: Here on Amazon Prime
- The Complete Guide To Intermittent Fasting by Dr. Jason Fung: FREE Audiobook | Kindle Version
- RENPHO Digital Bluetooth Scale with Body Fat Percentages: Here on Amazon Prime
- Easy Measuring Tape: Here on Amazon Prime
- Free Reddit Intermittent Fasting Forum: r/intermittentfasting
- Free 30-Day Fitness Group: Click here to join!
Why Intermittent Fasting?
For more detail on the background, check out either of those two posts.
I’m giving it a shot for the month of May 2018 and for funsies and accountability have chosen to share my results on the blog.
Here’s update #3.
*This post contains affiliate links
Week 3 Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
I went into week three with the goal of mimicking week 2. I wanted to continue the 16:8 plan, walk/jog 2 miles most days and do a little resistance training with these bad boys a couple nights during the week. The previous 2 weeks I didn’t miss a single day of fasting, and week 3 was no different. I crushed it!
Intermittent Fasting 3 Weeks Results
Starting weight: 169.0 | Ending weight: 167.2 | Weight lost: 1.8 lbs
Starting body fat %: 36.6% | Ending body fat %: 36.1% | Body fat % lost: 0.5%
Total intermittent fasting weight loss results:
Starting weight: 176.6 | Ending weight: 167.2 | Total weight lost: 9.4lbs
Starting body fat %: 38.8% | Ending body fat %: 36.1% | Total body fat % lost: 2.7%
My Experience Intermittent Fasting Week 3
General Observations – 3 Weeks Intermittent Fasting
This week was probably the most uneventful with intermittent fasting, but I think this is a GOOD thing. The newness and excitement wore completely off.
I got a little sick for a couple days and didn’t exercise or focus as much as I wanted. I began to obsess less over what hour I was on, didn’t track any calories or eat particularly clean.
And I even FINALLY allowed myself a sugary treat! The family and I went to the pier and ate churros. What was amazing is that it wasn’t a craving. And I haven’t had any additional sugar since.
This is pure magic because I could literally put away an entire box of candy without issue. I feel like my sugar addiction has truly been cured. Over 3 weeks with only one sugary treat and zero cravings? Eureeka!
I really like the “blahness” of this week. Usually, with a new diet or fitness program, I’m super excited in the beginning.
When week 3 or 4 hits and I lose steam, or life happens, it’s so easy to fall completely off. With this, there’s literally only ONE requirement — don’t eat for at least 16 hours.
Everything else is extra.
Meaning with very little effort I stayed on target. That’s really important to me for sustainability.
Exercise – 3 Weeks Intermittent Fasting
Like I said, my activity plummeted hard this week. I didn’t go to the gym at all, and only jogged/ran outside 2 days (maybe 3). I only also lifted weights exactly once, for 22 minutes.
I sent out a survey asking if there was interest in starting a Facebook group for 30-Day Fitness Challenges, and the response was overwhelmingly positive!
So, beginning December 2018 we have a really amazing, supportive and fun space to be accountable and motivate each other to do 30-Day Fitness Challenges!
Inside, we do daily check-ins for the challenge of the day, talk about intermittent fasting and check-in with those daily goals, share motivational fitness quotes, recipes and diet tips, discuss other weight loss and fitness tips and strategies, discuss body positivity and ways to love and appreciate ourselves as we are while actively working on transformation and more…
Click here or on the image above to join right away. We’d love to have you! 🙂
Diet – 3 Weeks Intermittent Fasting
My diet was whatever too. I ate salads most days but went to the pier on the beach and ate shrimp, potatoes, garlic bread, fries and churros one day too! Thoroughly enjoyable. I was happy to not really track or care this week!
Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting 3 Weeks
- Sugar cravings zero: I think this is the biggest takeaway and probably will remain so
- I still lost weight: With zero effort on my part, I still lost as much weight as I would have with a “normal” diet plan with working out hard
- Fasting is way easier than ever: As you can see in the above image, I’m hitting super long stretches before eating. This is by accident. Just not as hungry!
- Proof that it’s sustainable: If literally ALL I have to do at the very least is just not eat, I’m convinced it’s going to work for the long-haul. Most of the time I have the energy to work out and eat clean. But it’s nice to know that if I don’t, I’m still good. By contrast with low-carb dieting you lose weight but if you come off low carb for a week you start to gain almost immediately. No thanks.
Week 4 Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
It’s the home stretch already and I can’t believe it! I’m not gonna lie — doing this publicly makes me want to go hard and maximize my results, so I think I’m going to go apeshit lol.
Now that I’m over my cold and had a week of taking it easy, I feel pretty rested and revved up.
I do want to get back on my weight lifting. Having lost almost 10lbs I see a noticeable difference and think maybe with less fluff covering the muscles, sculpting will be more rewarding now.
So I want to do a bit more of that. Running also! I’d like to increase my speed and mileage.
For diet, I’m not so sure I want to change anything. I mean I’m fasting so long that I’ve pretty much made it to where I eat once a day. For the most part, I still crave fruits, veggies, and lean meats, so I’m just going to eat what I want.
I don’t think I’m in danger of overeating at all at this point. On a caloric basis, if I’m running 2-4 miles plus lifting weights and only eating one meal, it will be really hard to eat more calories than I’m burning in a day in one sitting.
So… no more calorie counting. Just responsible eating!
The ONLY Intermittent Fasting Planner You’ll Ever Need!
If you’d like to get started with intermittent fasting or you want to take your intermittent fasting weight loss to the next level, what you really need is my Intermittent Fasting Fitness Planner!
It literally has everything you need to track fasting, strength & cardio training, pounds/inches lost, space for notes, slots for before & after pics, and three 30-day fitness challenge charts!
- 3 Reasons Why I Lost More Weight Intermittent Fasting 12 Hours Than 16
- Intermittent Fasting 12 Hours – Week 1 Results
- Intermittent Fasting 12 Hours: Week 2 Before & After Results!