This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of how we make money, visit this page.
As explained in an earlier post on my one week intermittent fasting results, I finally tried to lose weight intermittent fasting after failing at literally everything else over the past year.
For the month of May, I’ve chosen a 16:8 daily intermittent fasting plan. This means I’m fasting for at least 16 hours, eating all my day’s food in 8 hours or less. Sharing the results here is keeping me accountable.
I’m giving a once-weekly update discussing highs, lows, revelations and my intermittent fasting weight loss results. Then at the end of the month, I’ll close with a one-month review, complete with before-and-after photos.
This is update #2.
But before we get started, enter your details now to join the FREE 14-day Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Challenge I put together for you!
Throughout the challenge, I’ll personally guide you through your very first days and weeks fasting so you stand to be as successful as possible at losing weight straight away!
Now that that’s out of the way, are you ready? Because I sure am!
*This post contains affiliate links
Intermittent Fasting 2 Week Transformation Fitness Plan
I went into week two with the goal of mimicking week 1. I wanted to continue the 16:8 plan, walk/jog 2 miles most days and do a little resistance training with these bad boys a couple nights during the week. As you can see in the screenshot below, I succeeded!
How Much Weight Can You Lose Intermittent Fasting For Two Weeks?
Starting weight: 171.2 | Ending weight: 169.0 | Weight lost: 2.2 lbs
Starting body fat %: 37.3% | Ending body fat %: 36.6% | Body fat % lost: 0.7%
Total intermittent fasting weight loss results:
Starting weight: 176.6 | Ending weight: 169.0 | Total weight lost: 7.6lbs
Starting body fat %: 38.8% | Ending body fat %: 36.6% | Total body fat % lost: 2.2%
Week 2: My Experience Intermittent Fasting For Weight Loss
General: Hunger and cravings were totally a thing of the past. As I explained in the first update, I had a difficult time figuring out how to curb sugar cravings. My first-day fasting, the sugar cravings went away and even after two weeks of intermittent fasting, they are STILL gone! I have not desired nor ingested any sugar since day one. This is pure magic because I could literally put away entire boxes of candy. Gross!
Intermittent fasting LITERALLY helped me overcome sugar addiction in just 24 hours. 2 weeks later that still holds true. I remain amazed.
Also, I wound up hitting a 24 hour intermittent fast almost by accident. On one very busy day, I got in from running errands at around 5:30 pm and realized I hadn’t eaten. 6:30 pm would make 24 hours fasting so I figured I’d just push it there. Took a shower and got comfy for the evening, and by the time dinner was ready 24 hours had passed. Easy stuff.
Intermittent Fasting Two Weeks Exercise Plan
This week I completely surpassed my cardio activity goal. Where during week 1 I felt a little tired and slow while working out fasted, in week 2 I killed it. I actually went to the gym and burned 400-500 calories in just 40 minutes on the elliptical each time. I did complete two strength/resistance workouts at home, as planned. Honestly, I still don’t enjoy that much, so it’s not my focus, but I’m proud of continuing even a little bit.
2 Week Intermittent Fasting Diet For Weight Loss
Whole foods, mostly vegetables with a few lean types of meat were still mostly my diet. I did introduce bread into the mix with a wheat burger bun but felt bloated and gross after, so I won’t be doing that again.
Hubby and I went on a sushi date for lunch one day, and I’m not sure whether it was the rice, the sodium, or just because it was “outside” food, but I bloated up immediately then, too.
We also went out to this delish all you can eat Brazilian BBQ restaurant for Mother’s Day on Sunday. Normally I’d have pigged completely out. But my appetite is so much smaller, and I was still freshly aware of that yucky, bloated feeling from dining out previously that I took it easy. I skipped everything carby and stuck to lean cuts of meat and helped myself to the veggie bar. No bloat!
I find it interesting that while I struggled with maintaining a high protein low carb diet plan in the past, intermittent fasting makes it so that it is almost necessary, as unintentional it may be. I don’t seem to be tolerating carbs as well as I used to.
Top 10 Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting For Two Weeks
- Sugar cravings are still down to zero: This is hands down the most amazing effect of intermittent fasting for me. Still shouting this from the rooftops!
- Naturally veering toward low-carb: This is neither good nor bad because I don’t think a low-carb diet is better than any other. But it’s nice to feel pulled to eat a certain way. I’m naturally cravings fruit, veggies, and unprocessed foods. I have no issue with this.
- Fasting becomes the new normal: It’s fast become a part of life. I don’t think about it too much. In fact, as I write this, I’m nearly 21 hours into my fast for the day and it’s… whatever!
- I have more energy: I felt a little tired during week 1, but week 2 has proven to be the total opposite. I’m MORE energetic than before.
- Reduced need for caffeine: Initially I was all about the coffee and would sneak in a sugar-free energy drink or two (I love those things), but I find myself far more sensitive to caffeine, requiring less and less of it. This was formerly yet another addiction I wanted to break. But one thing at a time. Bonus points for killing multiple birds with one stone!
- Husband sees it is working well for me: When I first started, a major downside was my husband’s lack of support. He is starting to come around now! My fasting window usually just has me skipping breakfast, so we still get to eat together for lunch and dinner. It’s not THAT disruptive or weird to him anymore.
- Appetite overall is lessened: It’s amazing that when I do eat, I don’t need to eat that much. Before intermittent fasting, I would struggle to hit the “off” switch on my appetite and was Energizer Bunny status with the food… I just kept going and going and going. No more! I eat a reasonable amount, get full, and move on with my day.
- The weight is melting off: 7.6 pounds in 2 weeks. ‘Nuff said. Pretty easy to lose weight intermittent fasting, for sure!
- It’s still the easiest thing I’ve ever done: This is taking ZERO effort on my part. Literally zero.
- Only really doing exercise I enjoy: I’m not working out as hard as I have in the past. Even when I was doing Zumba 5 days a week, though it was fun, it was a lot of effort. I’m working out nowhere near that much these days and the weight is still coming off.
The Downside Of Two Weeks Intermittent Fasting 16:8
- The desire to “push it”: On many occasions, I feel the pull to see how far I can go. I know some people do extended fasts of several days to several weeks. While this isn’t my goal, I do find myself wanting to see when real hunger will set in.
- Feeling like it may be too good to be true: It feels like a dream come true to be free from food addiction, and part of me can’t believe it. I’m a little afraid that it’s not real, and something will come along and burst my bubble of bliss.
- Clothes getting too big very rapidly: This is not really a problem, but I can tell it might get expensive! Not complaining though!
Week 3 Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
I am really enjoying this new way of life and will continue more of the same for week three.
I’ll still do 16:8 and will continue a little resistance training and some cardio. Though as I write this I’m a few days into the week and haven’t been bothered to exercise AT ALL. We’ll see lol…
We don’t plan on eating out this coming week, but if we wind up doing so I want to continue testing my theory that it may just be carby or salty foods, rather than dining out, period.
The ONLY Intermittent Fasting Planner You’ll Ever Need!
If you’d like to get started with intermittent fasting or you want to take your intermittent fasting weight loss to the next level, what you really need is my Intermittent Fasting Fitness Planner!
It literally has everything you need to track fasting, strength & cardio training, pounds/inches lost, space for notes, slots for before & after pics, and three 30-day fitness challenge charts!
Read These Intermittent Fasting Posts Next:
- 3 Reasons Why I Lost More Weight Intermittent Fasting 12 Hours Than 16
- Intermittent Fasting One Month Results (With Photos)!
- Intermittent Fasting 12/12: I Lost 10 Pounds In 3 Weeks!